Other sites of Interest
A little green oasis full of "butterflies" (actually moths, but nevertheless impressive & colourful). Only open a few hours as it is on private ground. You can take a donkey ride to get there from the main road. approx. 8 km south of Parikia.
close to the airport nearby Aliki.
Cave of Antiparos
with stalactites and stalagmites, very steep and impressive, up on the mountain of Antiparos. Takes a ride by bus or car/motorbike or donkey. Careful on hot days as the busses can let you wait and there are no toilets nearby (although you can buy beverages there)!
behind Monastiri Beach (Naoussa) Nice for people who like to walk!
- Monastery of Longovardas (1638), forbidden for women
- Monastery of Christ Dasous with the tomb of St. Arsenios
- Monastery of St. Mary Thapsanon from 1935, built on ruins of 17th Monastery
- Monastery of St. Antonios
- Santa Maria Beach (Naoussa),
- Golden Beach,
- and New Golden Beach (east coast)
with water slides in Naoussa (near Kolimbithres Beach) & on the outskirts of Parikia on the road to Lefkes.
Beach Volley, Bunjee Jumping, Beach Bar, Swimming Pool
go to Pounda Beach in Parikia & Naoussa.
Yoga courses with Oona Giesen:
For more information and general inquiries, please contact Pelagos Studios directly.